EL-Amin International School was founded on the 2nd of October 2002 with its first location at No 4 Aminu Kano Crescent, Wuse 2 with approximately 76 pupils before moving to its current location at No 1 Gurara Street, Off IBB Boulevard, Maitama, Abuja.
This citadel of learning has grown over the years. The school is a co-educational Pre-Primary, Primary and Secondary School for learners between the ages of 2-15 years. It operates the basic system of education (9-3-4) meaning 9 years basic education, 3 years of high school and 4 years of tertiary education.
The history of El-Amin international School has been that of academic excellence, good morals, knowledge and success. The learners always work hard to excel in their academic performance and other extracurricular activities.
The school takes advantage of the opportunities and challenges of a vibrant society to tap into various skills the learners have. El-amin School is keen on enhancing learning experience through fusing relevant technology to encourage our learners to be independent. Learners have been engaged in several competitions with other schools and have performed well.
With the rich Nigerian curriculum and a blend of the American and British curriculum, our learners fit very well in any educational or school setting. The school curriculum covers both academic and pre-vocational courses, at the appropriate stage, learners choose from a wide range of subjects based on their interests.
Vision: To be the best learning environment that cultivates knowledge in order to achieve a successful life.
- To provide quality education in a safe environment.
- To teach the value of arts, science and technology, history and current trends.
- To give opportunities for a liberal education that is caring and humane.
- To enthuse the management, teachers and students with a deep love for truth, reverence, justice and fair play.
- To ensure quality in our educational system with personalised support for your child.
- To build home values, develop good character and spiritual wellbeing of all students, teachers and staff.
- To encourage parents to participate in their children’s learning process and progress.
- To train staff and children to be responsible citizens, committed to making a contribution to the community and the world.
We have a well-equipped range of facilities and resources accessible for all learners and staff. It is our vision that each learner enjoys their years of education at El-amin to reach their full potential.